Saturday 10 January 2009

Has it been a year already?

I can't believe it's been a year since Mum died.  I took myself off to the cemetery this afternoon.  I'm not entirely sure why though.  It's not as if I took flowers, or planned on sitting and chatting or anything.  It just felt like it should be done.

As it turned out, I couldn't find the plot anyway.  I wandered up and down the general area but as we haven't had a headstone or anything done and she'd come back just to give us a roasting if we even thought about putting a cross there, there was nothing to identify it by.  Lisa did say there was a rose bush but that it was almost dead last time she was there so I assume someone removed it.

I must have a chat with everybody and see what we can afford to mark it with.  Will probably save my tears next year, or at least some of them.

I took this photo whilst I was there.  I took a couple of others too but my camera battery died, typical, and fitting for a cemetery, heh.  I think I might go back with my DSLR camera one day when the boys are otherwise occupied and get some decent photos.  There were lots of lovely flowers and beautiful headstones there.


On a cheerier note, I took the boys to Jack and George's birthday party this morning.  I think they both had a great time.  There was a magician to start with, followed by eating then game playing.  Oh, and did I mention it was fancy dress?
Theo asked Adam and me this afternoon if we believed in Jesus!  He said that Christians did and he did because they had learned about Jesus at Christmas.  I asked if that made him a Christian he said yes.  A bit young to be making those sorts of decisions in my opinion but who am I to stop him?  I'm sure next week he'll decide he's a Power Ranger or something equally exciting instead lol.

No comments: