Sunday 6 July 2008

I made that

I have just spent ages moving blog posts from my old blog to this (sad I know) but in doing so I noticed that last year I mentioned a secret project I was working on for Christmas. Now most of you have seen the results but it occured to me that some of you may not have so here they are.

Handmade quilts each for the boys. Theo's has Thomas the Tank Engine and Buzz Lightyear characters on and Louis' has bright patterns and they are both backed with blue marbled fleece.

I'm working on 3 other quilting projects at the moment, hopefully I should be able to post some photos soon. One of them is for a gift so I won't be posting photos until after the lucky (?)recipient has seen it.

Here is a photo of a quilt I made for my friends Peter and Lilia for their son Alexander. It is all flannel with cotton batting (filling). I had no idea flannel was so hard to work with, it stretches and keep moving around! Anyway, the finished product was definitely worth the effort, I think.

No comments: