Wednesday 24 December 2008

Nigella Chocolate Fudge Cake

Theo has been nattering to make a chocolate cake for a while now.  Ever since he made one with Adam for my birthday infact.  So that's what we did this morning whilst Louis was at nursery.

Todays photo is the page from the Nigella cookbook.  You can see I've written in it, changed the measurements from metric to imperial (I've only got imperial weights for our kitchen scales at the moment).

The cake was very nice, we've tried some already.  I made a 2nd one to take to Lisa's tomorrow when we go for Christmas dinner.

Did I mention that I didn't realise how much it was going to rise so when we took the first one out of the oven we had to peel half of it off the grill element.  Oops lol.  Still, it's a sandwhich cake so that was only half the cake and it needed trimming so it would sit together nicely anyway.  Just as well.

No comments: