Saturday 24 March 2007

Northen Papercrafts Extravaganza

I went into Harrogate with friends today to buy and stroke pretty paper. I spent far too much considering I only wanted a little cardstock (which cost me £8).

I took Adams car and used the sat nav to get me to the Yorkshire Showground. It took me to a cul-de-sac round the back of the showground!!

Had a great time though, sharpened my elbows before we set off so I actually managed to get into some of the 'booths' and buy some patterned papers and fastenator staples. We met up with friends for coffee at 11, a group of us from the Leeds Crop (that's glueing and sticking for those of you who don't know, scrapbooking for those of you who do). We'd been chatting about the event on the UKScrappers forums and agreed to wear a penguin so that we could identify each other at the event. I didn't see any penguins belonging to people I didn't already know though.

Kirsty tried to buy some cutters from one stall but they wouldn't let her Apparently they were on special offer and the price was on a leaflet they had but they couldn't find it so wouldn't sell it to her.

After the show we went to the Kestral for a pub lunch, 9 of us from the Leeds crop, well 8 of us from the crop plus 1 other half . The food was gorgeous and the company very entertaining, could have stayed there all afternoon but I think we were being a tad loud, lots of laughter.

Really looking forward to the next crop

No comments: