Saturday 9 October 2010

Day Zero

I was reading a blog and saw that the author, Sharon, is doing a goals orientated project where she aims to complete 101 goals in 1001 days and blogging about her progress.

I liked the sound of this so headed off to Google it. I found Day Zero. I'm not sure if this is where the idea started but it certainly looks that way. You can browse random lists for ideas (or just to be nosey) and, should you wish, you can sign up and start making your own list.

I thought, seeing as it's my birthday soon, that would be a good day to start my list. I've signed up to DayZero.com and spent about 2 weeks putting together my list. I bought myself a shiney new Domino filofax in slate to use as a journal and I've stripped all the contents apart from the lined paper and dividers, written up my list and I'm all set to go.






I toyed with the idea of getting an A5, more room for everything but in the end decided to stick with the personal. I like the fact that with the personal I can have a Day Zero section in my everyday Filofax and just transfer pages between the two as and when necessary.  I'm hoping as I get going into my 1001 days that it's going to start looking all fat and well used ;-)

So I'm planning on putting the list in my sidebar, and hopefully come back and update it as and when I complete the tasks. Quite a few people have as one of their 101 goals to 'Inspire someone else to start a Day Zero list'. It is not one of my goals but if it does interest you and you decide to join in, please do let me know

2 comments:

World Wake Up Call said...

Searching for interesting goals, I came across this somewhere and I must say it was pretty awesome! I loved how it really involved funny and random things.

We've made a blogpost trying to inspire as many as people as possible to participate (one of our goals was to write this ;). Perhaps you want to leave a comment of what you thought your best or most interesting goal was?
http://worldwakeupcall.blogspot.com/2011/01/dayzeroproject.html

Would be awesome :)
- Griffith.

Nancy said...

Karen - I like how you've put your goals right on the page so you can see them all the time, very cool. I tried it with my page but my photos are a little too wide... will have to think about it.