Wednesday 13 August 2008

Change of Plans

This evening I had planned to spend it quilting the quillow I have made. Instead I spent most of it in A&E with Louis.

One of the neighbours children decided to try and pick him up whilst they were out playing this teatime and she dropped him before I could get there. He hit the pavement with the back of his head.

I spent the next half hour keeping him awake and I'm not sure if he was falling asleep because he had only had a half hour nap this morning or because of the bump, either way I wasn't letting him sleep. Then came the vomit, euww.

After a phonecall to NHS direct I took him down to A&E where he perked up immediately, typically. We waited around, like you do, in the very child friendly children's A&E. Louis was weighed and checked over almost immediately then we had to wait our turn to see the Dr. When we'd seen him he asked us to wait another 20 minutes so he could check him again to make make sure he was fine. About an hour later we were seen and set off home.

All is well, Louis is all calpol'd up and in bed asleep. I've already been up to 'rouse' him once so he thinks I'm a nasty mummy. He looked at me as if to say 'what on earth are you waking me up for' but at least he woke up. Dr says to check on him twice before midnight and that should be enough but he may feel grotty and miserable for a couple of days.

My poor baby. I could have cried when I got to the hospital. It took me 10 minutes to get there about about 15 minutes to find a parking space. Aaargh. Still, all sorted now andwe're home. Now, how to tell little girls not to pick up the toddler without scaring her. Hmmmm

No comments: